Sunday, September 03, 2006

Just one more

Ever so often we feel the need to yearn for something in the distance, something almost impossible to reach, something that's forbidden. When does that 'something' stop becoming a harmless fantasy? When does it cross the line of innocence into a deadly obsession? When have people stopped being content with what they can have and start fighting for more? 'Nothing easy is worth fighting for.'

The question then becomes, what if we do gain possession of that which we had fought so hard for? Do we sit back and marvel at the 'trophy' and be content or would we put it on a shelf and go seek more? People just want more. They have realised over the decades that they can have almost anything yet it's not quenching their unfulfilling thirst for everything. I want what I want cause I want it. How much am I willing to lose to achieve my temporary 'trophy'?

TheManicPoet said enough @ 12:06 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • The beginning of an era

Powered by Blogger