Friday, June 15, 2007

Shadows

In a distance I see a shadow
Of a presence who's strong
Confident and stable, standing firm
Almost familiar, feels so close
Yet unfamiliar, i cannot comprehend
Full of strength, firm as a rock
I could almost admire
Then i walk close and i see the pain
Eyes filled with distress, hurt & regret
Mistakes that cannot be undone
Kept safely hidden, a distance away
Masked by the illusion of strength
It was too difficult searching for bliss
It was impossible to find peace
So ignorance was all that was left
From a distance I saw strength
But as I go closer, the pain is all I see
It isn't difficult deceiving others
But can you truly ever deceive yourself?
Then I'm there face to face
The shadow fades & I'm standing alone
And it's finally clear, I know who i see

TheManicPoet said enough @ 4:19 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Holding Out For A Hero
  • Sharon's Discontent
  • Green Singapore
  • BBQ @ studley park
  • Tasteless Origin
  • Spring comes, Winter dies
  • Simplicity
  • Just one more
  • The beginning of an era

Powered by Blogger